Monday, May 19, 2014

Foxen Organics Deodorant

About a year ago I decided to give up the use of traditional deodorants because of concerns over the long-term effects of aluminum products. Now, as an arch-virgo, this was not an easy decision, as the possibility of smelling bad is just about the most abhorrent thing imaginable to me and I was not sure if the natural stuff would cut it. Nevertheless, I began my quest to find a healthful alternative.

I started with a liquidy roll-on that I bought from a nice hippie woman at a folk festival. It smelled strongly, but did nothing to stop me from feeling wet and gross. Next, I tried a leading natural stick deodorant available at most coops. It worked well, except for the fact that it took forever to dry and left white stains on all my t-shirts. So, I took to standing in front of a fan with my arms raised in the morning for a few minutes, even in winter, until it dried. Even with this strategy, I would sometimes have to reapply half way through the day. Eventually, I tried another natural roll-on from the coop, with much the same results as the first I had tried.

I had pretty much resigned myself to spending my mornings with my arms over my head when a long-time customer brought me a sample of the natural deodorant she had been working on. I was immediately hooked. It smelled great; it went on easily without an uncomfortable wet feeling; it didn’t stain my shirts and above all, it WORKED. After one application, I was fine for the rest of the day. I went through the sample in a week and since the main batch was not finished yet, I asked for another. When the tins arrived, I was the first the buy one. Foxen Organics Deodorant is hands down the best that I have found, and better still, it is locally and lovingly made. I cannot recommend it enough.

ADAM SCHAAB

No comments:

Post a Comment