Friday, November 14, 2014

Meet the Magus Minions...Kyle Ford

When I moved to Minneapolis two summers ago to attend the University of Minnesota, I had no idea that such an exceptional occult store existed.  All of my life I have searched for one that would cater to all of my occult and magical needs.  After visiting a few shops around the Midwest nothing seemed to keep my interest for very long, and eventually I thought I had seen it all.  On that fateful day during the summer of 2012 that I walked down those stairs, smelled that lovely aroma of incense, leading me to the most mystical and wondrous place. I knew I was at home.  The selection of books in the ceremonial and hermetic magic sections is what impressed me right away.  I couldn’t stop collecting books from here.  What was even better was the knowledgeable staff that seemed to understand all my magical needs. Sheesh, it had been so long since I had a solid, intellectual, and inspiring conversation with anyone on the occult, I knew I was in the right place.

For about 18 years I have studied the occult and metaphysical.  My most prominent areas of interest and study are alchemy, Hermetics, Solomonic magic, Norse magic and shamanism, and paranormal areas such as ghosts, out of body experiences, lycanthropy, and UFOs.  I am currently an anthropologist, earning my degree from the U of M, art historian, and have plans to earn a Master’s degree in Western Esotericism from the University of Amsterdam in the fall of 2015.  My most favorite products at Magus are our books in these subjects, our wellness items such as herbal fragrances and oils, and our beautiful deity statue selections.  If there was anything I ever need:  herb, stone, book, magical advice, or a place to make great friends…Magus Books is the place to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment